We have got a well equipped computer lab with internet connection and Helinet facility which enable the students to watch any events happening around the world such as international conferences of medical and nonmedical importance.
Hostel and Food
Smt. Shakuntala Institute of nursing and Paramedical sciences provides accommodation for resident students Karnataka style food, spacious and well furnished rooms, warden supervision and telephone facilities. The rooms are bathroom attached.
Our institution has well established transport department with separate bus for boys and girls reserved for the institution which move around very frequently from the campus to the city and around major routes. Safety precautions have been taken at high alert.
- A student must produce the identify card issued by the college whenever it is demanded by the college officials.
- Students should not stand or loiter in the corridor during working hours.
- The students should not bring any outsider inside the college campus.
- No students is allowed to leave a lecture hall without the lecturer’s permission.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against any student found in possession of or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Students are forbidden to during firecrackers to the college campus.
- Books, periodicals or papers of an objectionable nature should not be brought in to the campus. mpus.
- Insubordination, habitual in attention, neglect of work, unbecoming languages or conduct obscenity in word or deed render a student liable to temporary or permanent dismissal.
- The campus must be kept clean at all times. Littering with wrappers, waste paper, etc defacing the walls or e walls or desks, damaging college property, etc are offenses.
- The students should not be involved himself / herself in unlawful activities that violates decorum, discipline and dignity of the college.
- The student should not go to the media without the prior permission of the principal.
- Staying in the college hostel is compulsory for outstations.
- Sick leave should not be accumulated more than 10 days per year.
- Sick leave will be granted on the basis of a certificate from a registered medical practitioner authorized by the
- Any leave taken by the students beyond the limit has to made up in the next year. The limit should not be crossed in the final year.
- In case of crossing, the students will be asked to make up for the number of days he/she was absent.
- Normally, no other leave will be granted for social events in the family.
Nursing profession which demands attractive service from its members, exert self discipline at a personal level and general discipline in the campus. Therefore ·
- Regular attendance as well as punctuality is expected from the students at lecturers, demonstration, clinical experiences, field work and other such academic exercises. ·
- Students are also required to present themselves modest neat and tidy in their dress avoiding exaggerated fashions. The students should wear the prescribed complete uniform during their clinical practices.
- A sense of decorum and discipline is expected from every student in the hospital as well as in the entire campus. Ragging is strictly prohibited.
- Students should refrain from disfiguring wall and furniture and from other objective able practices. In case of breakages / loss of hospital / hostel articles those shall be made good and promptly. Failure to meet the demand during the stipulated time shall incur a penalty.